Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Planning and Preparation


This is my planned route. It’s off all the major highways and will take me through many small towns across America. I’m basically going to follow the southern Tier route maps provided by Adventure cycling, with some diversions along the way to see the sights.


Here’s all my equipment for the trip. I’m bringing two bikes in case I have a problem. The Citation camper will be our home for the next few weeks. The handsome guy is my SAG (Support And Gear) man who will take care of everything so all I have to do is ride.


This is my number one bike - a Connondale Saeco that's light as a feather at only 17 pounds. I also just had the gears changed so it will be better on hills.

This is my backup bike – a Backroads Miyata that I’ve used on many trips. It’s a real workhorse but also weighs almost ten pounds more than the Cannondale.

Here’s where Michael will be spending most of his time. He’s using Microsoft Streets and Trips software with a GPS connected to the laptop to navigate. We also have paper maps just in case.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Is that an XM Radio I see there? A must have for cross country trippin'.

Anonymous said...

Brigitte from Germany wishes you good luck, good weather and a great time. (My e-mails to you can't be delivered.)

geri said...

HAVE A SAFE AND BLESSED TRIP! GOD BLESS YOU ... SEE YOU BOTH WHEN YOU GET TO FT. LAUDERDALE. LOVE YUZ

Bellavia said...

How ecxiting to make a dream come true!Have a wonderful trip but most of all; stay save!
Eva from G-dock

Lisa said...

Where in the world is Eva?