Oooh... it's getting hotter and hotter and steeper and steeper. So I jumped in the SAG wagon and we drove over the mountains, and then started biking again.
I stopped for a break in the Algodones Dunes Wilderness.
Eva, I am so happy that I have chosen a different way for long distance travel, and that on our way to HI there won't be any of those horrendous mountains. I could envision seeing myself sitting in the truck with Mike ;-))
Wishing you all the strength and persistence and safety and luck to make it all the way to the other end.
Eva, I agree with Lisa, you should have let the media know... This is a great thing that you are doing...and when you get to Ft Lauderdale..I will bring you into the Jacuzzi at my Condo...you will need it!!! From your sisterinlaw Geraldine
What an awesome undertaking. Best of luck to you on your incredible journey. I'm keeping Carla informed of every leg. I'm proud that she has such an awesome example of a person setting out to achieve something great. We all want to hear about your trip when you finish. Good luck from the Nicolini's. We know you can do it.
I am finally doing what I have been wanting to do for the last few years – a bike trip across the Southern part of the United States. My goal is to bike most of the miles on the backroads of California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, along the Gulf of Mexico through Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and finally arriving in Florida.
My husband Michael will drive our camper which will be my SAG (Support And Gear) wagon and our home for the trip. At times I may catch a ride with him if the weather gets bad.
I am dedicating my bike ride from the Pacific to the Atlantic to the Children. I am a member of the Teak Branch, one of the branches of volunteers for Children's Hospital Oakland. The volunteers do fund raising for Children's Hospital and research Center Oakland, a non-profit, renown hospital and cancer and research center for children. No child is ever turned away for lack of funds. If you would like to make a donation, please make out your check in an affordable amount to Children's Hospital Branches and mail it to:
6 comments:
Way to go Eva! How does it feel to be doing it?
I think you guys should contact The Today Show or something, Oprah?
Lisa
Eva,
I am so happy that I have chosen a different way for long distance travel, and that on our way to HI there won't be any of those horrendous mountains. I could envision seeing myself sitting in the truck with Mike ;-))
Wishing you all the strength and persistence and safety and luck to make it all the way to the other end.
Ulli
(from snow covered Germany)
Eva
It's no fair riding in the SAG-Mobile on the uphill side then coasting down the other side! You've got to sweat the whole way!
Van Horn the Sofa Spud
Eva,
I agree with Lisa, you should have let the media know... This is a great thing that you are doing...and when you get to Ft Lauderdale..I will bring you into the Jacuzzi at my Condo...you will need it!!! From your sisterinlaw Geraldine
Wow Eva,
What an awesome undertaking. Best of luck to you on your incredible journey. I'm keeping Carla informed of every leg. I'm proud that she has such an awesome example of a person setting out to achieve something great. We all want to hear about your trip when you finish. Good luck from the Nicolini's. We know you can do it.
John
Where are you now?
Post a Comment